Key Performance Indicators
Pacific Basin Dry Bulk KPIs
Performance vs Market
- Our outperformance compared to spot market indices reflects the value of our business model, fleet scale and cargo book, and our ability to optimise cargo combinations and match the right ships with the right cargoes
Return on Net Assets
- Our return on dry bulk net assets was negative 6%
- We aim to achieve solid long-term returns on assets, so we have invested counter-cyclically for enhanced returns in stronger markets
- As our owned fleet of dry bulk ships expands and we securing new loans, additional finance costs and borrowings were fully allocated from Treasury to our dry bulk segment thus impacting our dry bulk segment netassets
Future Earnings and Cargo Cover
- We have covered 56% and 66% of our 40,220 Handysize and 12,480 Handymax revenue days currently contracted for 2015 (cargo cover excludes revenue days related to inward-chartered vessels on variable, index-linked rates)
- While ship operators such as ourselves typically face significant exposure to the spot market, our long-term contract cover provides a degree of earnings visibility
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Workplace - Drawing on our Human Capital
Total Recordable Case
Lost Time Injury
Environment – drawing on our Natural Capital
Investor Relations KPIs
KPIs measuring Investor Relations PerformanceInvestor Engagement – Our share capital is held by a diverse range of institutional, private and corporate investors, so we consider it important to make ourselves accessible to a wide spectrum of shareholders and members of the investment community to enhance their understanding of our business. The number of investor contacts during a year is the key measure of our engagement with investors.
Sell-Side Analyst Engagement – Analyst coverage (as measured by the number of active research reports covering Pacific Basin) in the trailing six month period is a key measure of our profile in the shipping sector.
Investor Perception Studies are conducted annually to gauge feedback on of our Annual Report, Investor Relations programme, corporate governance and group strategy.
As we found in 2013, investors still consider the quality of our management team, valuation of our stock, and the investment opportunity in the Handysize and Handymax sectors to be the most compelling reasons to invest in Pacific Basin.